photo credits here
Since young, I have written many pieces. Now, for a piece that is meta, autobiographical and most probably dull all at once: this is why I write!
- In conversation, being involved, interesting and informative is hard. In writing, conversely, it is a one-sided conversation, as well as one that can be edited as required and/or at one’s whim. Writing, as thus, allows one to create a monologue that reflects one’s expressed idea while being able to augment it with data from the internet.
- Being praised for one’s work is enjoyable for anybody, though admitting this, even in writing, seems narcissistic. However, it is true.
- Writing, as an activity, is a rare case where one’s Mother does not limit its activity. Therefore, using it for escaping work is a common, if immoral, habit.
- Stress is a byproduct of living. While people may prefer to rant to others about stress, in order to release it, I prefer not to, due to reason 1. As such, writing has become one’s stress ball, in a sense; something I can have a dialogue, however one-sided it may be, with, and something I can do any time.
- It’s better than drawing at expressing ideas, and I’m better at it. So, I press at a keyboard to illustrate ideas instead of using a pencil and ruler to do the same.